Think clearly and rationally about what to do and what to believe.
You can demonstrate your critical thinking through:
- Reflecting on your beliefs and values, and how they shape how you think and reason
- Analyzing information to assess its credibility and accuracy
- Understanding logical connections between ideas, information and arguments
- Recognizing that various points of view may or may not be valid
- Asking questions that clarify various points of view
- Detecting inconsistencies and common mistakes in reasoning
- Drawing conclusions based on thorough analysis
Jonah’s classmates admire his ability to find a good deal on kijiji, whether buying a used car or sports equipment. He asks good questions and listens respectfully to what sellers say about a product, weighs that information against his own research, explores any inconsistencies and then makes an informed decision. Jonah accepts that his decisions aren’t always perfect. However, whenever he has made a mistake, he takes the time to learn from it so that he doesn’t repeat it next time.